- 2 Jan 2012 8:00 AM
Photo: (Gabor Nagy –Fold I., oil on board, 29,4x44,4 cm, 2011)
Gabor Nagy was born in 1949, Budapest. He started his art studies in Budapest, learning painting at the Secondary School of Visual Arts, then at the Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts. The Academy played an important and influential role in his life: he became an assistant professor, adjunct and finally the associate professor. He received the Munkacsy-prize in 1980 and has been the organizer of many prestigious exhibitions in Hungary and abroad as well.
His profession in the art field has been very diverse: he founded the Art Camp of Csongrad, taught painting at the Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts, organized and attended the painting course in Mezotur. Since 1974, he has taken part at hundreds of private- and group exhibitions, from Hungary to USA. His works can be found -both in local and foreign- important state and private collections. (Hungarian National Gallery, Ludwig Museum, Aachen). In 2010 he was awarded with the Gold Cross of Hungary, in 2011 by the German Druckkunst grenzenlos project´s scholarship.
Alexandra Nadas was born in 1974, Budapest. She studied at the Secondary School of Visual Arts, then graduated from graphics at Hungarian Academy of Fine Arts. From 2000, she has had several private exhibitions throughout Europe. She won many awards, like the prizes of Jeno Savoyai Foundation, Jeno Barcsay Foundation, Arnold Gara, Art Biennále of Szombathely, or the German Druckkunst grenzenlos project´s scholarship.
Thoughts of the artists about the exhibition:
"The experience of the exhibition is based on the landscape, the space, the visual expression of built and bordered areas. To hear the silent breathing of the chosen landscape – to grab it and transform, refine it to a form full of life – this is the most important pursuit of the creators.
Spiritual, mystical places with extraordinary atmospheres inspire us to create particular visual systems. This exhibition shows the material outcome of these many times intangible feelings.”
The gallery hosting the exhibition bears the name of its owner, Mr. Ari S. Kupsus, a Finnish entrepreneur living in Hungary for 11 years, whose activities in Budapest include the running of various charity programs supporting young talent both int he world of music and the fine arts. His gallery shows contemporary art in an interior comprised of early 19th-century antiques, achieving a distinct totality of ambiance.
Source: Ari Kupsus Gallery
Address: 1088 Budapest, Bródy Sándor utca 23/b
Tel: +36-20-322 0334