- 1 Aug 2013 9:50 AM
I’ve been back a few times and the quality of the food is consistently high. The menu always has something creative to offer and it’s not hard to choose something in season that’s fresh - and often healthy - and delicious. Innovative veggie options are showcased each week, also a gluten-free desert is always on offer. The wine list is extensive and impressive, especially as the whole local and international range is sensibly priced.
The younger generation has taken to nU Bistro, as the interior and atmosphere does have a trendy vibe. That said office worker of every age frequent the place at lunch time for its critically acclaimed 2/3 course specials. Business lunch (3 courses) cost 1650 HUF (there are 4 starters, 5 mains and 3 desserts to choose between), and an evening meal will cost around 3500 HUF depending on what you select from the new evening menu.
Whatever you choose, be it a nU burger or a 'designer gulyás' (pictured), it always feels like money well spent. East often meets West here as Asian items pop up on the menu, unusual novelties appear to surprise and delight, experimental items work well, reworked classics satisfy as traditions evolve here, and well cooked seasonal produce always ensures that each and every dish is packed with flavour.
Given its location in the heart of the Hungarian capital, nU Bistro is easily reached by public transport, and also the ‘Western’ Railway Station and Eiffel Square Business Building have their own places to park. For anyone waiting for a train, or those who want to enjoy sunny weather with a cold drink, and those just looking for a place to and watch the world go by, nU Bistro is a good choice.
Example dishes from a recent lunch menu:
* Tuna cream with sun-dried tomato - tuna, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, capers, parsley aioli, butter, salad mix,
* Artichoke salad with cheddar cheese - marinated artichoke, salad mix, cheddar cheese, olive oil, homemade bread chips
* Fried rabbit legs, lentils ragout - rabbit legs, eggs, beluga lentils, kapia peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, Moroccan lemons, olives
* Beef cheek with vanilla risotto - confit beef cheek, with vanilla risotto with white wine, parmesan cheese, sour, cream, butter
* Apple cookies + vanilla ice cream
* Citrus cake - Cottage cheese with mint cream
Address: 1062 Budapest, Teréz körút 55-57.