- 4 Nov 2014 10:59 AM
Guest of Honour: HMA Jonathan Knott, British Ambassador To Hungary.
Fellow guests: you’ll be in good company with readers and partners of XpatLoop.com, including VIP’s such as Dennis Diokno, Managing Director at FirstMed-FMC Kft, Levend Arisoy, Country Manager, Turkish Airlines, Zulkarnain Saer Khan owner of Curry House, Adam Goodman Producer at Mid Atlantic Films, and many more friendly expats, and of course lots of special locals who move in expat circles.
Master of Ceremonies: Gábor Herendi
Where: Venue: Zsófia Boat, 1052 Budapest, Petőfi tér, Dock number 9 - on Pest side close to Erzsébet bridge - from where you can feast your eyes on the illuminated Royal Castle, Chain Bridge, Danube...
Wine Tasting: Hungarian fine wines thanks to Borjour, featuring Halasi Pincészet from Villány, Káli Kövek from Köveskál, Maurus Borászat from Mór, Katona Borház from South Balaton, Kertész Családi Pincészet from Etyek, Frittmann from the Great Hungarian Plain, Hilltop Winery from Neszmély, St Andrea from Eger and HR winery from Slovakia. Also thanks to Bortársaság for support with the mulled wine.
Whisky Tasting: several amazing single malts thanks to Whiskynet.hu
* Sándor Zwack Nobel Pálinka: Spicy Pear brandy, Sour-Cherry and Raspberry & Zwack Címeres Pálinka
* Békési Pálinka from Békés
Food: this year the focus is on fun rather than fine dining, however a selection of snacks will be available from:
* Curry House will serve up Chicken Tikka, Onion Bhajis, Pudina Kababs, Aloo Gobi...
* Zsofia River Cruises are kindly providing Hungarian snacks, soup and sandwiches
* Planet Sushi will present “sweet sushi makis”
* Le Gourmet de Bordeaux - French cheese, paté, dry sausages, vegetables creams.
* Arriba Taqueria / Iguana Bar & Grill will offer Mexican chips, and salsa.
When: Wednesday 5 November 2014, 18.30 - 22.30. Arrivals from 18.15, doors close just before welcome address at 19.00. The cruise will last for one hour from 20.00.
Fee: Free of charge however a donation of HUF 5000 per guest will be gratefully accepted at the entrance to support the worthy Hungarian charity.
* Csodalámpa Foundation, please give generously as your support is really appreciated by Hungarian children suffering from a life-threatening illness.
* This year we are also raising awareness for another Hungarian health related charity: the Lélegzet Foundation. They help lung transplant patients, train and support doctors. Dr. Ferenc Rényi-Vámos PhD is the associate professor at the Semmelweis University - thoracic surgery department will be present to answer any questions guests may have.
Note: Guests were registered on a 'first come first served' basis, only those accepted for the guest list will be notified prior to the event.
Dress code: smart casual
Raffle Prizes: Free name card Tombola supporters include: Adam Lebor, AGS Movers Budapest, Bortársaság, Catherine Dickens's Vineyard Cottages, Dream Thai Massage, Mini, Minerva Beauty Salon, ExpatShop - Pagony Közért, Funky Pho Restaurant, FirstMed, InterContinental Hotel, PrimeCuts.hu, Magnolia Day Spa, Wilkinsons Sausages, Whiskynet.hu, Trattoria Toscana, CinemaCity, Arriba Taqueria, Sziget Festival, Zsófia River Cruises, Yellow Zebra, Cinq Filles, Budai Gesztenyés Restaurant, CD: All The Rage by Latimer House, Etyeki Kúria, and Hungarian National Philharmonic Orchestra
In case you would like to donate a prize for this charity raffle please click here
Auction Items: Nokia, Sony, Turkish Airlines, Zsófia Boat
Gold Sponsor: FirstMed
Silver Sponsor: Curry House
Event supporters: Prohuman, KFP - Five Star Conference Service, AGS Movers Budapest, Bortársaság, Vac FC , InterContinental Hotel, Krisztina Nyers - film director, Tesco Hungary.
Finally for now, here's a link to comments from a previous year about this annual event.
In case you can come we look forward to seeing you there.
* Guy Fawkes Night is an event celebrated annualy in the UK on 5 November
Traditional Verse: "Remember, remember the Fifth of November, The Gunpowder Treason and Plot, I know of no reason, Why Gunpowder Treason, Should ever be forgot. Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent, To blow up King and Parliament. Three-score barrels of powder below, To prove old England's overthrow; By God's providence he was catch'd, With a dark lantern and burning match."