- 9 Aug 2016 9:00 AM
With a 24-hour open fitness centre, great kid's club, and 3 pools - one with water slide - there's something for every member of the family at this modern and friendly resort.
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort and Spa is located in front of Karon Beach, just a short ride away from Patong area. Prized for its tranquil and serene atmosphere, Karon provides an easy access to entertainment nearby, making it a perfect destination for your next family holidays.
This Phuket resort boasts of 7 modern and comfortable room types. All year long, the resort offers advantageous promotions for families. You may enjoy 50% off a second room booked for your children while kids below 16 years old enjoy complimentary breakfast when sharing their parents’ room.
At the quietest end of the resort, Standard and Superior rooms are just a short walk away from the main pool. Interconnecting rooms are available upon request with a choice of King or Twin bedding. Each 28 m² room comes along with air-conditioning, minibar which can be stocked on request, rainforest and hand-held shower, LCD TV and complimentary WIFI access.
Especially for family, the spacious 38 m² Family Room features a comfortable king bed as well as bunk beds able to accommodate up to two kids below 12 years old. Novotel Phuket Karon really keeps the children in mind at all times by providing special kids amenities in room! Staying in a Family Room also gives your children access to complimentary activities at Kids World. For your little ones, this Karon Beach resort also boasts of a Kids pool with waterslide.
We really appreciated staying in a Plunge Pool Suite, especially due to the private splash pool, and really suggest upgrading to enjoy a the best at this 4* resort.
Suites here are huge, very well-designed, and include a separate living area and unbeatable facilities: two flat-screen TVs, bath robes, plus a spacious outdoor living area. It can accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children.
A great range of dining options are available, from casual poolside dining at Joe Kool's, to delicious Thai and regional cuisine at the hotel's TAI restaurant where talented French chef Cyril offers guests an unforgettable experience. In-room dining is also highly recommended.
From breakfast to lunch, dinner or a tasty little snack, Novotel is famous for providing balanced choices and à la carte service 24/7 at all its hotels. Also at Novotel Phuket Karon you can count on enjoying a relaxing meal in a friendly, stylish setting, here's an overview of each option:
* Horizon restaurant serves up an excellent breakfast, and also features a true international and Asian buffet experience, it has an open-plan seating and a show kitchen. If you wish to discover a bit more of Thai culture, you can also sign up for Thai cooking class occurring twice a week.
* Joe Kool's Poolside Grill - Chill-out in the casual poolside al-fresco dining area - which offers pizzas, pastas, burgers and local snacks. From 18.30 to 21.00 you can also enjoy decadent evening theme buffets here. Three times a week, Joe Kool’s becomes an open air theatre with family-friendly movies from 7 pm onwards. On top of that children below 6 years old eat free while kids below 12 years old enjoy 50% discount on daily evening buffets.
* TAI restaurant is worth more than a visit to enjoy the amazing Asian selection, as it serves delectable cuisine from China, Japan, Korea, Philippines as well as Thailand, all in modern chic surroundings. At this air-conditioned restaurant surrounded by a large glass panel, Chefs are sharing their real passion for cooking with authentic Thai dishes prepared with locally-sourced ingredients. Every day, it’s the perfect place for a relaxing family dinner as Kids below 12 years old can eat for free!
To really relax, try the hotel In Balance Spa, which has 10 treatment rooms and an extensive range of Spa therapies, so guests are spoilt for choice, as well as being spoilt thanks to high-quality service. It's affordable and well worth a visit to experience a first-class massage and high-end spa treatment.
Three local attractions:
* Karon Temple Market - popular shopping location in temple grounds. Wat Suwan Khiri Khet (the official name of Karon Temple) is a truly splendid Buddhist temple worth a visit even when the market is no being held.
Wat Karon’s compound covers approximately 12,000sqm, and twice a week (Tuesdays and Saturdays) a lively market is held offering a good choice of products, and local food, a very safe and calm market experience, and a great insight into local culture - a 'must visit' attaction within walking distance from the hotel.
* Chaitararam Temple (Wat) - built at the beginning on 19th century, is the grandest, biggest, and most visited Buddhist temple in Phuket, and for that reason alone is almost a must to visit, especially for those seeking a cultural break from the beach.
* Phuket Big Buddha - one of the island's most revered landmarks offering an impressive panoramic view over the island. The huge image sits on top of the Nakkerd Hills, between Chalong and Kata, and at 45 metres tall it can easily be seen from far away.
The site offers great 360-degree views of the island, with sweeping vistas of Phuket Town, Chalong Bay, Kata and Karon beaches. and more. Easily reachable via a six-kilometre road leading from Phuket's main artery route, this is definitely a must-visit island attraction, which is easy to reach from this hotel - ask reception for help with a private driver and you won't regret it.
Reasons to stay at Novotel Karon
* Every room has a balcony or terrace and includes free WiFi
* Ideal location, a short stroll from the beach and local shops, just 10 minutes away from Patong
* Three restaurants offering Thai, asian and international cuisine
* Quality spa treatments / massages, and 24-hour open fitness centre
* Family friendly with kids club offering daily activities, kids pool, kids menu and special promotions for family
Verdict: Highly Recommended (especially for families)
"Phuket offers an impressive dining scene. Discovering new local tastes and experiencing Phuket’s world class cuisine is a must!
On another hand, I highly recommend visiting a local temple and taking part in a merit-making ceremony which will leave you with a relaxed peace of mind. A traditional Thai massage or Muay Thai lesson would also be another way get closer to Thai culture.
Discovery is another must: Phuket is a beautiful island with a tropical forest and many islands worth a visit in the area all around," says Jean-Philippe Lovotti, GM of Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort (click here for interview).
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort And Spa
568 Patak Road Karon, Muang Phuket
83100 Phuket, Thailand