- 26 Sep 2016 10:00 AM
From Friday you won’t need an airline ticket to find the best food to accompany your favourite beer, with nine restaurants each offering their own special beer menu that will guarantee a fantastic experience for those who are open to the latest culinary innovations. The restaurants have poured all their creativity and enthusiasm into creating the menus, coming up with food and beer pairings that will even grab the attention of customers who are not yet beer drinkers.
What does the ‘Beer, What Else?’ beer connoisseur recommend?
Start the meal with a light, pale lager cocktail flavoured with almond liqueur, and finish it off with a beer eau de vie! One of the most tantalising starters is the salmon marinated in beetroot, which offers a complex flavour experience and is accompanied by a fresh, Bavarian style unfiltered wheat beer.
The selection of main courses includes meat dishes such as piglet cheeks with vegetables in egg barley, served with a dark stout beer, or roast lamb with fresh pineapple and curried gnocchi, paired with a full-bodied brown ale. When it’s time for dessert, don’t pass on the truffles in white chocolate mousse with candy floss, which goes so well with the light, fruity Belgium abbey blonde that it simply has to be tasted.
The following restaurants are participating in Beer Gastronomy Week:
• 400 - 1075 Budapest, Kazinczy u. 52.
• Ankert - 1061 Budapest, Paulay Ede u. 33.
• Borssó Bisztró- 1053 Budapest, Királyi Pál u 4.
• Cactus Juice- 1061 Budapest, Jókai tér 5.
• Café Vian - 1051 Budapest, Hercegprímás u. 15.
• Meat Butique - 1012 Budapest, Lánchíd utca 7.
• Up & Down- 1052 Budapest. Molnár utca 6.
• Seasons- 1061 Budapest, Liszt Ferenc tér 7.
• Stex - 1085 Budapest, József krt. 55-57.
The venues, dishes and all other information about the programme can be found here: http://www.sorszovetseg.hu/mi-kerul-menure-a-sorgasztronomiai-heten/ on Facebook.