- 4 Nov 2016 9:00 AM
This British style 'Guy Fawkes Bonfire Night Party' for the international community in Budapest will also feature a virtual bonfire and fireworks, a dance show, plus a few surprises, all adding up to make it an enjoyable and worthwhile social networking event.
It's a feel good event as we'll all be helping trusted local charities, whilst having a blast at the 16th anniversary party of XpatLoop.com
* Welcome: Gilvesy Bohém, Etyeki Kúria Pláne, Konyári Lolipop Rozé, Folly Arborétum Buboréka from Bortársaság
* A selection of whites, rozés & reds from 10 local wineries: Dúzsi, Gedeon, Gróf Apponyi, Hilltop, Kardoss-Kiss, Kázsmér, Kristinus, Ludányi, Osztrák Bor-Ászok, Twickel...
* Whisky tasting: outstanding single malts from Whiskynet.hu
* Unicum tasting: Zwack: Classic and Szilva (plum)
* Pálinka tasting: Gyulai Pálinka Manufaktúra
* Craft beer tasting: MastersBrewing.hu
* Frozen Margaritas by Iguana Bar
* Plus free flowing draft beer & cider
* Coffee: Caffé Service Kft - Aygor
* Arriba Taqueria (Mexican salsa & fresh chips), " Marriott (selection of canapés), * Planet Sushi (selection of maki), * Mr Masala Indian Restaurant, (chicken tikka masala, vegetarian dish, pilau rice), * Zsófia Cruise Ship (Hungarian sandwiches & gulyás soup), * Okay Italia (authentic Italian pizza), * Trattoria Toscana (traditional Italian onion soup, luxury duck lasagne), * Le Gourmet de Bordeaux (selection of French cheese), * Clark Picnic (Hungarian chimney cake), * Bonbonier's award winning artisan chocolates.
Live music by expat Kasai and his band
Expat DJs: #TheJoyDivisionBudapest
Tango dancers from Barrio del tango:
- inc. 'It takes You to Tango' lesson
Gyöngy Margit Deák - Soprano
Márk Fülep - welcome flute
Gyorgy Keri - bagpipes
1. Turkish Airlines: 2 tickets to 'anywhere in the world', including Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Kilimanjaro, Miami, Nairobi, NYC, São Paulo
2. Blade Runner 2 Film Set Visit, with Adam Goodman the owner of Mid Atlantic Films (value: priceless!). Guests may bid for the chance to visit the set and watch the filming of the highly anticipated 'Blade Runner 2049’ starring Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling.
3. 'Champagne cruise' on the Danube for up to 300 people aboard Zsófia Boat Budapest (value HUF 500,000)
4. Balaton sailing trip on the classic Nemere II yacht (nemereii.hu), for up to 10 people for one day (value HUF 250.000)
5. Max Mara limited-edition 'Whitney' Handbag (value HUF 350,000).
6. FirstMed Premium Health Plan (value HUF 200,000).
7. Winter Goddess collier and bracelet by Gaia’s Garden - both unique handmade pieces consist of labradorite, ruby, moonstone, rainbow moonstone and freshwater pearl (value HUF 100.000+)
8. Master Class with FitChef - private cooking class in your home for up to 4 people (value HUF 100.000)
9. Lionsgate Entertainment and Mid Atlantic Films visit to the set of ‘Robin Hood: Origins’ starring Jamie Foxx, Taron Egerton and Eve Hewson. The winners will also have the opportunity to tour the stage sets built for the film and meet the Director and Producers.
Silent Auction Includes
* 4 day / 3 night stay for 2 people inc breakfast at Angsana Laguna Phuket 5* Resort in Thailand (value HUF 200,000)
* Seven nights, half board, for 2 at a 4* Hotel in Kirchberg, Austria kindly provided by Neckermann Hungary (value HUF 200,000)
* One week car rental from Budget Rent-A-Car, including international e.g. Austria, to link with the prize above.
* 2 Condor air tickets (from Frankfurt or Munich) to any short or medium haul destination such as Canary Islands, Madeira, Morocco...
* Many items from Hungarian National Opera e.g. 2 subscription packages for premieres of the 2017/18 Season (value HUF 150.000)
* 2 Cashmere Scarves from Simon Skottowe Tailors, one for a lady and one for a gentleman (value HUF 55.000)
* 2 ticktes to East Midlands from Jet2.com (value HUF 160.000 )
* Miele Complete C3 Comfort - vacuum cleaner (value HUF 200.000)
* Meal for 2, inc bottle of wine, at the Shard in London, from CGS
* Glamour art photo session (for ladies) by Andrea Tungler (worth HUF 65.000)
* Family photo session by Andrea Tungler (worth HUF 59.000)
* 2 x Marriott Sunday Brunch vouchers, 2 Marriott dinner vouchers, 1 Marriott duck or turkey delivery.
Art Corner Auction
Beautiful pieces by talented local artists: Dorka Banki, Júlia Végh
Name-Card Draw Prizes From
Anna Jankovics, Ark Properties, Brody Studios, Bonbonier, Bortársaság, City Taxi, Etyeki Kúria, Holmes Place, ExpatShop.hu, FirstMed, Magnolia Day Spa, Whiskynet.hu, Trattoria Toscana, CinemaCity, Arriba Taqueria, Iguana, Okay Italia, Ryan Phillips, Macallan whisky, Sziget Festival, Trafó, Zwack Unicum, Émile Restaurant, Buddha-Bar, Pagony Kozert, Baalbek Lebanese Restaurant, Robert Smyth, if you would like to support please click here
Donations of HUF 7000 (or more) per guest will be gratefully accepted at the entrance to support the ’Make-a-wish’ (Csodalámpa) Foundation, SOS Children’s Village, The Lions Club of Budapest, United Way, and possibly other trusted local charities supporting children in need. More details below.
Every guest will receive a day ticket to Holmes Place Budapest - for Fitness, Wellness, Spa - worth HUF 6000.
RSVP by clicking here
(in case of any technical issues please email info(at)xpatloop.com)
Note: guests were registered on a 'first come first served' basis, everyone who makes it on to the official guest list will be notified about their confirmed place prior to the event.
Special Effects Ltd, Max Mara, Clark & White Real Estate, JamFilm.com
XpatLoop.com Clients Include
American International School, Britannica School Budapest, Buddha Bar Hotel, Budget Rent-A-Car, Capital Growth Solutions, CEU Business School, Cinema City, Colling Financial Services, Corinthia Hotel, FirstMed, Fox Autorent, Hertz Car Rental, Magyar Telekom, Spar Hungary, Sziget, Telenor, Tesco, The British International School...
BBJ, BCCH, Clearwater, LoveAgent.com, Prohuman Agency, Nouba Agency, The Budapest Times, Pagony Kozert, Tesco Hungary.
Master of Ceremonies
Gábor Herendi, with Zsuzsa
* Dress: Smart Casual
* Timing: Arrivals from 6pm, VIP welcome at 7pm, farewell at 10.30pm
* Date: Friday 4 November 2016
* Where: Grand Ballroom, Marriott Budapest Hotel
* Address: 1052 Budapest, Apáczai Csere János u. 4.
The goal this year is to raise up to HUF 3 million on the night for:
* ’Make-a-wish’ Foundation (www.csodalampa.hu grants wishes to 3-18 year old children suffering from a life-threatening illness),
* SOS Children’s Village (www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk/sponsor-a-child/europe/hungary sponsors children to give them a loving family home, education and healthcare),
* The Lions Club of Budapest (www.lions.hu project supporting children in the Göd state orphanage),
* United Way (www.unitedway.hu focus on education to support future generations).
Summary of amounts raised over the last 10 years, with details of the charities involved, the grand total so far is over HUF 9 million:
2015: HUF 2,700,000 for Csodalámpa, Lions Club Budapest, Unicef
2014: HUF 1,600,000 for Csodalámpa, Lélegzet Alapítvány
2013: HUF 1,000,000 for Csodalámpa
2011: HUF 1,100,000 for Smiling Hospital Foundation
2010: HUF 1,500,000 for Smiling Hospital Foundation
2009: HUF 600,000 for Smiling Hospital Foundation
2008: HUF 333,000 for Red Nose Clown Doctors
2007: HUF 275,000 for Smiling Hospital Foundation
2006: HUF 100,000 for United Way
See What Went On At XpatLoop's Bonfire Party In 2015