- 24 Apr 2012 12:00 PM
Click here to read his first interview
A lot has happened on the work side, in the Corinthia Hotel itself in terms of service - we made tremendous changes. Also recently there was The Grand Hotel Budapest screening.
In my private life my first daughter Mia was born, she is three months old now. She fills our life with love and happiness. Bonding with a new born is an exceptional thing.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you with your life in Hungary, and why?
9, considering all the destinations in this Region, life quality is outstanding in Hungary.
3. What’s the best party you’ve been to while in Hungary, and why?
The ‘birth party’ of my daughter with close friends.
4. What’s your favourite drink?
Gin and tonic.
5. What hidden talents do you have?
I do not hide my talents!
6. What was the most interesting travel trip you have ever taken?
To the ‘lost underground city’ in Beijing, it’s very special but not mentioned in tour guide books.
7. If you were given a wish that could come true, what would you ask for?
Health for my family.
8. What’s the last book you read, and movie you watched?
Book: Delivering Happiness, by Tony Hsieh the founder of Zappos the online shoe retailer. He explains how he built his amazingly successful company, starting out as an immigrant from Asia..
Movie: The Grand Hotel Budapest Hotel, I love the sense of humour in this film.
9. If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be?
‘The Journey Continues’, since the list of places where I would like to travel is endless…
10. What is the perfect pizza toppings combination for you?
Margarita, with prosciutto (or any smoked Parma ham) and rucola on the top. You don’t need more for a great pizza.
11. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
Bill Clinton, but not because of Monica Lewinsky! ;)
12. On a scale of 1 to 10 how unusual are you, and why?
In my private life not more than 3, at work I’d say 6 or 7 as I try to look at business in a different way and take the unusual approach.
13. What’s the best website you’ve ever visited, and why?
For me as a traveller it’s Tripadvisor.com
14. Who do you admire the most, and why?
My young daughter. She is so calm and cool in a crazy household ;)
15. What do you like best and least about living in Hungary?
Best: the value Budapest gives you. Least: poor flight connections at Budapest Airport.
16. What has made the biggest impact on your life so far, and why?
Moving to China – on a business level it widened my horizon, taught me to think globally, and I also met my wife there.
17. If you won USD 30 million, what would you do with the money?
I would start my own travel agency and then visit lots of places.
18. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
Bobby McFerrin: Don’t worry, be happy J
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
It depends on the stage of life. When in Istanbul it was the perfect place for that stage of my life. I could retire to a beach house but that would not be appropriate now.
20. In ten years from now what will you be doing?
No idea whatsoever, time will tell!