- 16 Apr 2014 12:00 PM
She completed her diploma with a Bachelors Degree in Catering and Hotel Management, specialized in Event Management, at University of Pannonia in 2008. She then spent 1 years Management Training at the Danubius Hotel Group in Hungary.
After college she went to London to gain experience, where she had the opportunity to get to know different cuisines from all around the world. There she also fell in love with wine, and after she finished the WSET Level 3 Advanced Course she started working as a sommelier. She returned to Hungary and now works in Costes, the first Michelin star restaurant in Budapest.
1. Where did you grow up in your early years?
I grew up in Keszthely, next to Lake Balaton.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Barcelona, because I find it as a cool city; sea, sun, good food, wine and culture.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
My family and my friends
4. Your friends come to Budapest for the weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Firstly, they must try some Hungarian wines and go for a dinner to the ’Costes’. Then, they must walk along the Danube, to see the Citadella and Buda Castle, later ending up at Margit Island. Finally, they should enjoy one of the many thermal baths in Budapest.
5. What is your favourite food?
A good slice of bread and butter!
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
Running! Can’t wait to do a half marathon on Sunday.
7. What is your most favourite place in Hungary?
Balaton Uplands (Tanúhegyek)
8. What career would you love to pursue other than the one you have now?
One day I would like to have our own organic farm with a small hotel.
9. What job would you would definitely not want to do?
I don’t want to have a job where there isn’t any contact with other people.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Italy, Tuscany. A holiday filled up with wine and gastronomy.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Quimby, Amélie and sketching/drawing
13. Which temptation can you not resist?
14. Red or white wine?
15. Book or movie?
Both, but recently I have seen more movies
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issues do you feel most strongly about?
Cultural and moral decadence
18. Buda or Pest side?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
When first I got my Sommelier Grape pin.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
If you never try, you will never know!
Photo by Judit Marosi - Costes Restaurant
Proofread by Paul St. Pierre