- 6 Feb 2017 11:00 AM
Rob got married in 2016 to Vanja. His interests include running, skiing, golf, reading, travelling and trying new Budapest restaurants.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I came to Hungary in February 2009 to take up a 6 month assignment. 8 years on, I'm still here...
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I have not
3. What surprised you most about Hungary ?
The quality and breadth of the restaurants in Budapest. Especially the variety of Asian cuisine here.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Night cruise on the Danube - stunning views
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Easy – Lecsó
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Milk. Tea is not tea without it
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Házhozszállítás. Sounds beautiful to English ears.
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Family + friends. And cricket.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Donald Trump's press secretary
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Honeymoon in Thailand/Cambodia.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Sicily, this summer.
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Band: Massive Attack, probably. Film: Things to do in Denver when you're Dead (I wanted to be Andy Garcia). Hobby: videogames and football I guess.
14. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
My wife's laugh
15. Red wine or white?
Red (both preferably)
16. Book or movie?
Book (both preferably)
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Cruelty and mistreatment of animals. Don't get me started...
19. Buda side or Pest side?
Pest. It's more happening and edgy.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
You only live once.