- 26 Sep 2017 9:02 AM
I lived abroad several times. In the Hotel Nemzeti Mgallery by Sofitel, a boutique hotel of 80 rooms I have found real joy of my profession. Historical sites are inspirational in my daily life.
Finding out guest preferences, work with the team to make little touches that can personalise the memories of clients and each other’s’ work day has become our main aim.
Nowadays I try to attend every year conferences that are about giving knowledge influencing our future (TED, Brain bar…) I even take my family and we conduct long conversations on the topics. I met my husband in the hotel industry, our daughter has been raised in this spirit somehow...
1. Where did you grow up?
I was born in Budapest, as a child lived in Bábolna and Tata. We spent 3 years in Oran (Algeria) when I was between 11-14, after the highschool I studied in Austria Semmering.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Experience certain parts of Asia.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Beside family the variety of cultural programs and landscape.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Visit a market hall. I always do wherever I go. It tells you so much about people living there. In so many markets you can get to know them as well.
5. What is your favourite food?
I love to discover new tastes, I rarely go back to the same place to eat the same, curry dishes are tempting though. At home as a Hungarian touch my husbands’ Chicken Paprikás and apricot jam is unique.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
Golf to be outdoors with family and friends.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Tata and at the Balaton far end: anything between Szentgyörgyhegy and Hévíz.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I would always keep dealing with people even if it wasn’t tourism. Other is to learn arts to become a specialist in paintings.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
The new thing was discovering Rome nearly only on foot. Every year we stay a few days somewhere around Szentgyörgyhegy.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Anywhere especially if it is a surprise.
12. What was your favorite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
I always loved to discover cities by walking from very young age.
14. Red wine or white?
A full bodied red.
15. Book or movie?
A book at home: just started to discover much more of Daniel Defoe, it really touched me this year. A movie in town with my daughter.
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
One is save the planet. The other has started during my classes of Supervision a few years back. I admire people working in the social sector. Helping them is so important. They are the ones truly facing challenges, not only their own but those of people in real need in many aspects.
18. Buda or Pest side?
Buda side from North to the South
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
Seeing my daughter grow up.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
I am a curious, open person who is strongly inspired by anything new that I can learn from. Small gestures have the highest value. We can show our interest in others by the smallest attention of asking a question. Sharing such moments will create memorable moments for life.