HTV London – Sales Assistant 1986-1988
McCann-Erickson London – TV Buyer – Group Manager, 1988-1995
Leagas Shafron Davis – Media Manager, 1995 -1997
BV McCann-Erickson – Executive Media Director, 1997-1999
Portland Outdoor Romania – General Manager, 1999-2000
Portland Outdoor Hungary – Regional Director, 2000-2004
ZenithOptimedia Hungary – Managing Director, 2004-2007
Omnicom Media Group – CEO, 2007 – Present
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I arrived in Budapest at the end of 2000 to work for an OOH Specialist and then a Media Advertising agency.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes, Bucharest for 4 years.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The Poor Service attitude – never seems to improve.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Szechenyi Baths is a must. If interested in the culture, hop on an open top tour bus, head to the castle District and finish at Gundells. If not, hit the Outdoor bars in the Summer, Xmas Markets in December and Tom George in the Winter!
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Formula 1 Racing Driver
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Cleaning Public Toilets
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
Skiing in Austria.
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Band: The Stranglers
Film: Monty Pythons Life of Brian
Hobby: Playing Rugby and Cricket
14. What can't you resist?
Peanuts on a bar.
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
That definitely depends on my mood. Both.
17. Morning person or night person?
Was night and now morning (after kids!)
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Society’s love of reality shows -truly abysmal programming….
19. Buda or Pest side?
Buda by day, Pest by night
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
One Life Live It