• Activities for Kids in Budapestmore »
• Dance Schools for Kids in Budapestmore »
• Dance Schools in Budapestmore »
• Disco / Dance Clubs in Budapestmore »
• Entertainment For Adults In Budapestmore »
• Live Music Clubs in Budapestmore »
• Outdoor Activities in Budapestmore »
• Pubs & Bars in Budapestmore »
• Strip Clubs in Budapestmore »
• Ticket Offices in Budapestmore »
Now On: Budapest Photo Festival
Now on until 30 April. The Budapest Photo Festival is a city-wide exhibition series that represents the contemporary and classical values of photography, both in the Hungarian and international art scene. The aim of this annual festival is to make Budapest a 'City of Photography' during Spring.
The organisers told XpatLoop,
"The Festival is under the patronage of Alexandra Szalay-Bobrovniczky, deputy mayor of Budapest, and a member of the Photo European Network (PHEN).
The festival has two highlighted exhibitions as a frame: the opening show what is the famous Magnum photographer, Alex Webb’s exhibition „The Suffering from Light” at Kunstahale (Műcsarnok) and a Hungarian contemporary overview „SUBJECTUM” at Castle Garden Bazaar.
The emphasis, – next to the two highlighted exhibitions – , is on the presentation of the international contemporary scene, by the program of the International Cultural Institutes and the guest festival, beside the exhibitions of the biggest galleries, museums and art schools of the Hungarian Capital.
The Festival involves many public programs also: lectures, workshops, photomarathon, museum educational events, portfolio review and photobook show, what will place at the Festival Center Gallery."
The Castle Garden Bazaar – 1013 Budapest, Ybl Miklós tér 2-6.
Subjectum/ Contemporary Hungarian Photography
Opening hours: Tuesday-Sunday 12.00-18.00