- 4 Aug 2017 8:59 AM
This 5* resort harmonises the best of both worlds, a unique combination of city life and resort luxury. Only 15 minutes by complimentary shuttle boat to the heart of the city, and directly opposite Bangkok’s largest night market and entertainment area at Asiatique, complete with it's iconic 'big wheel'.
The resort is dramatically positioned to overlook Bangkok's great Chao Phraya river. Here you can choose to cherish early morning tea on the balcony overlooking the river, then explore the delights of Bangkok right outside the resort gates, or simply relax by the large pool shaded by tropical gardens.
The resort's three main buildings neatly contain guest rooms and suites which all embody the elegant Asian style found throughout the resort’s impeccably landscaped grounds. In each spacious room, Thai inspired design creates an environment of urban serenity.
Natural light spills through large windows, illuminating rich colours of Thai silks and the warm brown hues of hardwood floors, private balconies offer city, garden or river views and fine wood furniture echoes the colours and feel of a traditional Thai home.
All the modern amenities you'd expect ensure a stay filled with ease and total comfort, plus innovation abounds here too. The ‘handy’, a complimentary smart phone solution provides guests with free unlimited international and local calls, as well as WiFi connectivity while exploring the city or relaxing at the resort.
First-class tastes from around the globe can all be found on-site, here's a five star summary of the excellent F&B options:
* Brio - tastes of Italian home style cooking in a Tuscan villa setting, offering an array of traditional favourites including fresh handmade pastas and pizzas from the wood fired oven.
* Riveside Terrace - celebrating all that is uniquely Thai; this spellbinding evening of performance and gourmet dining is a perfect way to appreciate the rich local cultural heritage. Vibrant live cooking stations are set before a magical river backdrop, making this a must-try delight.
* Trader Vic’s - A global name for over 75 years, Trader Vic’s serves the finest Pacific Rim cuisine, including unique tastes cooked in Bangkok’s only Chinese wood fired oven. Signature Trader Vic’s Mai Tai cocktails are enhanced further by live music and the setting - a Polynesian inspired dining room and tropical riverside garden.
* Benihana - Talented chefs create sumptuous Teppanyaki dishes with dazzling theatrical cooking displays, promising unforgettable “eatertainment” at every table. Alternatively select from an à la carte menu of hand crafted sushi, sashimi and signature rolls.
* The Market - Start each day with an international breakfast buffet or delicious à la carte options. Dine in the Asian inspired dining room featuring floor to ceiling windows, or on the al fresco terrace with tropical garden and river views.
An oasis within an oasis, the tranquil spa sanctuary invites you to embark upon a revitalising journey. Indulge in a blissful individual experience, or romantic side by side ritual in one of nine private treatment rooms - including two couple’s suites with a large bathtub inside and a private garden courtyard with an exotic rain shower.
Good to know is that Anantara’s Bangkok riverside resort is a short 15 minute boat ride from Saphan Taksin skytrain station, a convenient connection to all other locations within the city. The boat transfers are complimentary and depart from Saphan Taksin and the resort regularly.
Also worth noting is that it's only 5 minutes by boat to Asiatique, Asia’s largest night market which was once a bustling international trade port which has now been transformed into an entertainment and shopping complex.
So whether you fancy a relaxing holiday by the pool or a thrilling urban adventure, this riverside oasis is perfectly situated. The resort's boat offers the opportunity to easily discover the cultural sites all around, from exploring hidden alleys to visiting breathtaking temples, before you return to bask in the serenity of an urban oasis.
Defined by tropical beauty, and the legendary Anantara service, here you really can cherish an unforgettable holiday created just as you envisioned it. Our tried and tested verdict: very highly recommended.
The last word rightly goes to Nikolaus Priesnitz, the General Manager at this flagship Anantara property (click here for a full interview with him), about what he recommends you see and do while in Bangkok.
"There is no question about the need to visit a temple while in Thailand. I love the Kings’ Palace. And you cannot leave Bangkok without trying the street food, and you must go to China Town for food in the evening.
Talking about night time, there are a whole range of engaging night life opportunities that one can really enjoy here - without any obscenity.
Many people misunderstand Bangkok, and visitors need to be open-minded to get the very best out of Thailand. This is a unique destination with much to offer a visitor…one just needs to be adventurous and willing to explore, and the experience can be very rewarding”
Visit Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort online here
Address: 257/1-3 Charoennakorn Road, Thonburi, Bangkok, 10600
Phone: +66 2 476 0022
Getting to Thailand
We flew via Vienna in Elite Class thanks to EVA Air