|Dear Member, your usual helping of local community news and events awaits you below.
First up this week is a tribute to all the people and companies that are supporting the annual Xpat Party for Charity on 4 November.
Actually it was on the evening of November 4th that Guy Fawkes was caught with his barrels of gunpowder. To this day it’s often said he was "the last man to enter Parliament with honest intentions" :)
Anyway, for sure this year in Budapest he will be remembered at this British style 'Guy Fawkes Bonfire Night' event for the international community, which will feature a virtual bonfire and laser fireworks, plus a few surprises, all adding up to make it an enjoyable and worthwhile social networking event.
It's a feel good event as we'll all be helping trusted charities - click here for info about the charities involved - whilst having a blast at the 16th anniversary party of XpatLoop.com
Breaking news: we are excited to announce that Lionsgate Entertainment and Mid Atlantic Films has generously arranged an auction prize to visit the set of ‘Robin Hood: Origins’ starring Jamie Foxx, Taron Egerton and Eve Hewson. The winners will also have the opportunity to tour the stage sets built for the film and meet the Director and Producers.
Here's what’s on offer to event guests, and who's lending a hand by giving what they can…
Unlimited Tasting (until it's all gone ;)
* Welcome drinks: Konyári Lolipop Rozé, Gilvesy Bohém, Etyeki Kúria Pláne, Folly Arborétum Buboréka, all via Bortársaság
* A selection of fine wines from quality Hungarian wineries, including: Dúzsi, Gedeon, Hilltop, Kardoss-Kiss, Kázsmér, Kristinus, Ludányi, Osztrák Bor-Ászok, Twickel...
* Whisky tasting: outstanding single malts from Whiskynet.hu
* Unicum tasting by Zwack: Classic and Szilva (plum)
* Pálinka tasting by Gyulai Pálinka Manufaktúra
* Craft beer tasting by MastersBrewing.hu
* Frozen Margaritas by Iguana Bar
* Plus free flowing draft beer & cider
* Coffee: Caffé Service Kft - Aygor
International Snacks From
" Marriott (selection Hungarian of canapés), * Arriba Taqueria (Mexican salsa & fresh chips), * Planet Sushi (selection of maki), * Mr Masala Indian Restaurant, (chicken tikka masala, vegetarian dish, pilau rice), * Zsófia Cruise Ship (Hungarian open sandwiches, traditional gulyás soup), * Okay Italia (a selection of authentic Italian pizza), * Trattoria Toscana (traditional Italian onion soup, luxury duck lasagne), * Le Gourmet de Bordeaux (selection of French cheese), * Clark Picnic (Hungarian chimney cake), * Bonbonier's award winning artisan chocolates.
Live music by local expat Kasai and his band
Expat DJs: @TheJoyDivisionBudapest
Tango dancers from Barrio del tango
1. Turkish Airlines: 2 tickets to 'anywhere in the world', including Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Kilimanjaro, Miami, Nairobi, NYC, São Paulo...
2. Blade Runner 2 Film Set Visit, with Adam Goodman the owner of Mid Atlantic Films (value: priceless!). - opportunity to bid for the chance to visit the set and watch the filming of the highly anticipated 'Blade Runner 2049’ starring Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling.
3. 'Champagne cruise' on the Danube for up to 300 people aboard Zsófia Boat Budapest (value HUF 500,000)
4. Max Mara limited-edition 'Whitney' Handbag (value HUF 350,000).
5. FirstMed Premium Health Plan (value HUF 200,000).
+ many more!
Silent Auction Includes
* 7 nights, half board, for 2 at a 4* Hotel in Kirchberg, Austria kindly provided by Neckermann Hungary (value HUF 200,000)
* 1 week car rental from Budget Rent-A-Car, including international e.g. Austria, to link with the prize above.
* 4 day / 3 night stay for 2 people inc breakfast at Angsana Laguna Phuket 5* Resort in Thailand (Value HUF 200.000)
* 2 Condor air tickets (from Frankfurt or Munich) to any short or medium haul destination such as Canary Islands, Madeira, Morocco...
* Lots of items from Hungarian National Opera e.g. 2 subscription packages for premieres of the 2017/18 Season (value HUF 150.000)
+ many more!
Name-Card Draw Prizes From
Ark Properties, Brody Studios, City Taxi, Etyeki Kúria, Holmes Place, ExpatShop.hu, FirstMed, Magnolia Day Spa, CinemaCity, Arriba Taqueria, Iguana, Okay Italia, Ryan Phillips, Macallan whisky, Sziget Festival, Trafó, Zwack Unicum, Émile Restaurant, Buddha-Bar, Baalbek, Jamie Oliver’s Italian, and more!
Donations of HUF 7000 (or more) per guest will be gratefully accepted at the entrance.
All money raised at the event will go to the ’Make-a-wish’ (Csodalámpa) Foundation, SOS Children’s Village, The Lions Club of Budapest, United Way, and other trusted local charities supporting Hungarian children in need, Kék Vonal Foundation, and also Sermento Foundation. For more charity details click here.
Every guest will receive a day ticket to Holmes Place Budapest - for Fitness, Wellness, Spa - worth HUF 6000.
RSVP by clicking here
There are just a few places left, guests are registered on a 'first come first served' basis, everyone who makes it on to the guest list will be notified about their confirmed place prior to the event.
Main Sponsor FirstMed
Event Supporters Special Effects Ltd., Mercedes, Max Mara, Clark & White Real Estate, JamFilm.com, BBJ, BCCH, Clearwater, LoveAgent.com, Prohuman Agency, Nouba Agency, Tesco, and more, too many to name here however we are grateful to everyone involved..
Click here for all event details, such as Dress Code...
Now here's hoping you like what's included for you below.
Yours with kind regards, Stephen@XpatLoop.com