Two Men Electrocuted In Mishap In Budapest

  • 8 Jul 2015 9:00 AM
Two Men Electrocuted In Mishap In Budapest
Two men died instantly when they pushed their mobile metal scaffolding into contact with an overhead electricity cable as they were working on renovating a school in Monor, Pest county on Tuesday. A co-worker received a massive electric shock as he tried to help them, and is receiving medical treatment at Honvéd hospital.

The two victims, aged 23 and 26, were hit by 20,000 volts.

Electricity was temporarily cut off in 580 households because of the accident.

Source: Hungary Around the Clock

This news item is one of many published daily by HATC, a premier subscription news service which distributes English-language info about Hungary via email or fax. For a free trial of HATC visit and click on 'Free Trial Subscription’.

  • How does this content make you feel?