- 17 Jan 2018 9:02 AM
According to Zoom.hu:
• Several sources in the advertising industry have confirmed that ad agencies connected to Fidesz placed the orders for the political ad spaces with billboard companies.
• These contracts reportedly last through December.
• If any of these billboard companies provide ad space to opposition parties once the campaign season officially begins on February 17, they could lose the entire advertising contract with Fidesz-connected ad agencies for the year.
• The number of billboards and “citylight” poster spots in Hungary is estimated to be around 20-25,000 and 14,000, respectively. The number of billboard spots available for political advertising may be around 6-8,000.
• Billboard companies may earn HUF 100 million from such contracts with Fidesz-aligned ad agencies. Ad agencies will not necessarily place ads on these billboards.
Rather, it enables the agencies to limit the ability of other agencies to place ads.
Source: The Budapest Beacon
Republished with permission