- 29 Oct 2019 7:52 AM
FirstMed is the Main Sponsor, and also as usual there'll be virtual fireworks, live music, lots of refreshments, plus a special performance by His Excellency Iain Lindsay with a 'Charity Choir'.
The international community is again set to unite at this annual British Bonfire Night Party, which supports Hungarian children's charities; and this year celebrates the 19th birthday of XpatLoop.
By attending this enjoyable + worthwhile charity party you can network + socialise with friendly expats + cosmopolitan locals from Budapest’s business + diplomatic + cultural circles.
Gold Sponsor: BlackRock Hungary
Venue Sponsor: Budapest Marriott Hotel
Guests of Honour
You! Together with Her Majesty's Ambassador Iain Lindsay OBE
To show support for the performance in Hungarian by HMA Lindsay, the following 'super group' of Xpat Charity Event supporters - lead by Hans Peterson - will provide backing vocals during a special rendition of the local pop song 'Jég Dupla Whiskyvel':
Dennis Diokno, Duncan Graham, John Hart, Neil McGarry, Peter Grundberg, Sándor Zwack, Aniko Woods, Otto Feuertag, Ian O'Sullivan, Stephen Linfitt, Zsuzsa Demcsák and Melinda Székesvári.
* Johnnie Walker Black Label Bottle on gala tables sponsored by Hungarian distributor Zwack Unicum,
* Bortársaság welcome bubbles by:
Kárásztelek Friza, Kárásztelek Friza Rozé, Etyeki Pláne, Etyeki Pláne Rozé,
* Fine wine tasting:
Attila Cellar from Szomolya, Villa Pátzay from Badacsony, Tamás Dúzsi & his Family’s Winery from Szekszárd, Spiegelberg Artisan Winery from Somló, Belward Winery from Pécs, Szeremley Wine House from Badacsony, and Vesztergom Winery from Balatonfüred.
* Juliet Victor Winery Estate Furmint 2017, Furmint Betsek 2017, Furmint Bomboly 2017, Szamorodni 2016.
* Hedon Craft Beer tasting,
* Márton and Lányai Pálinka tasting,
* GoodSpirit Bar Single-malt whisky tasting,
* Opera Gin Budapest Hungarian Gin tasting,
* Davy Byrne's Pub Magners Cider tasting +
O'Hara's Irish Red craft beer on tap
* Coca-Cola selection of products,
* Nespresso selection of coffees,
* NaturAqua water.
* Arriba Taqueria Mexican salsa & fresh chips,
* Good Karma Selection of appetizers (Vegan)
* Szomszéd Kertje GastroPub Canapés, and BBQ on ballroom terrace featuring Wilkinson Sausages using a Yagoona Grill,
* Hillbilly Smokin' Society BBQ Selection of Pulled Mangalitsa & Smoked Jerk Chicken, with roasted carrots and creamy polenta,
* Marriott Hotel Mini Marriott Burger, Hasselback potatoes, Coleslaw,
* Planet Sushi Selection of fresh Japansese maki,
* Mr Masala Indian Chicken tikka masala, vegetarian dish, pilau rice,
* Okay Italia Authentic Italian pizza,
* Wan Hao Chinese delights: Pan-fried bao (Chinese dumpling stuffed with pork, scallion and mushroom) and Pastel de nata (custard tart).
* Triffla Truffle bites,
* Noir Chocolate Sweet delights from Erika & Monika Reich.
* Ian O'Sullivan, singer/bassist from Mongooz and the Magnet, will play a mix of feel-good rhythms, acoustic soul and blues sounds in lounge style.
* The Red Line Presents: Steve & Marcello - after last year's headline Red Hot Chili Peppers tribute performance, singer/guitarist Steve Collison and guitarist Marcello Maruccia return to perform a stripped-down set of Chili Peppers favourites, plus rock and pop tunes.
* Ricky Party'n This 7 piece local party band play classic hits from international artists. Their repertoire includes nearly 100 covers, performed in an elegant fashion, creating a great mood to enjoy this gala in style, and dance the night away if you wish. Sponsored by Andonik.
* DJ Woods plays party tunes from the 70's, 80's & 90's.
* The "Deep, Smooth, & Wise" master of ceremonies Hans Peterson will guide proceedings all evening with Zsuzsa Demcsák, and will host a Live Auction and announce the winners of the Silent Auction.
* All proceeds go to local charities supporting children in need, see below for details.
Live Auction Prizes Include
* Austin Reed Tailors Made to Measure - A luxury 2 piece made to measure suit from the exclusive Escorial range of fabrics, with a Saville row (value of HUF 4,620.000)
* Budapest Marriott Hotel weekend in the Presidential Suite for 2, with Hungarian sparkling wine, breakfast, and Executive Lounge access (value HUF 1,900,000).
* Kolibri Art Studio Inc: 'Bellhop With Hyacinths', TruChrome "Giclee" archival museum quality fine-art print (retail value framed HUF 880,000+)
* Caviar & Bull Restaurant 9 course meal including Caviar for four people (value HUF 300,000).
* FirstMed 1 Year Premium Health Plan (value HUF 200,000).
* Dez O’Connell's classic cocktail class and workshop for 3 people (value HUF 150,000).
* Budapest Airport VIP Package for two people via BUD:VIP service partner (value HUF 125,000).
Silent Auction Prizes Include
* New York Palace Hotel Budapest 1 night stay in the Presidential Suite for 2 people with breakfast (value HUF 1 million).
* The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Abama 4 nights stay in a Citadel Deluxe Resort View Room for 2 people (value HUF 460,000).
* Kempinski Hotel Adriatic Istria Croatia Hotel, 2 nights stay in a Deluxe Room for 2 people including breakfast (value HUF 214,000).
* Hilton Garden Inn Budapest City Center 2 nights in a One Bedroom Suite with private terrace and panoramic city views for 2 people including breakfast. (Value HUF 250.000).
* Corinthia Hotel Budapest 2 nights in an Executive Room with Executive Club & Royal Spa access (value HUF 200,000).
* Brody House - 2 nights with breakfast and special Brody House goodie bag (value HUF 150.000)
* Belgrade City Break: 3 days/ 2 nights package in a 4-star city center hotel with breakfast, sightseeing and a traditional Serbian dinner (Value HUF 130,000).
* Uncensored by Caviar&Bull 2 prizes of Full Degustation Menu with wine pairing for two (value HUF 130.000 per prize)
* Dune Special Crew Screening tickets for two, to be held at end of 2020 + leather trimmed Dune branded Filson.com Soft Body ‘Dryden Briefcase’ in Otter Green (value HUF 100,000)
* MINI 'Clubman John Cooper Works', with a 306 HP & all wheel drive, 5 Day test drive - max 1,000 km, excluding fuel (value HUF 100,000),
* 'Angel’s Birthday' painting by Dorka Banki using acryl on canvas, in a white wooden frame (value HUF 100,000)
* Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel Deluxe Room for 2 including breakfast (value HUF 80,000)
* Costes Downtown 5 course tasting menu for 2 (value HUF 60,000)
* Herend Porcelain shaped bowl with Royal Garden pattern which was created by Herend specifically for the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - donated by Beáta Kovács (value HUF 40,000)
* Hilton Garden Inn Budapest City Center 3-course dinner for 2 people at Garden79 restaurant including 1 aperitif, 1 bottle of wine, water and coffee. (Value HUF 25.000)
* The Workshop dinner for 2 (value HUF 20.000)
Free Business Card Draw Prizes Include
Goodies from BrodyLand, Budapest Airport, City Taxi, Good Spirit Bar, Magnolia Day Spa, Hungarian State Opera, Trattoria Toscana, Adam Goodman, Iguana Mexican Restaurant, Trattoria Toscana, Hilton Budapest Castle's LÁNG Bistro & Grill and more...
* Donation upon arrival of HUF 12.500, or more, per person.
* Guest may book a gala table for 8 people in advance for HUF 100.000, payable by bank transfer.
* Official donation receipts available, for event efficiency please request in advance if needed.
* Complimentary pass worth HUF 20.000+ to the Fitness & Health Club by Marriott Budapest for 1 week.
* Newly refurbished & fully equipped gym for training, plus sauna, steam bath + jacuzzi for relaxation.
Registration: Please RSVP asap via email by clicking here
* In case of any technical issues please email info(at)xpatloop.com
* Guests registered on a 'first come first served' basis, everyone on the official guest list will be notified by email about their confirmed place prior to the event.
* Age: 18+
* Dress: Smart Casual - Guests are encouraged to dress up for the occasion if they wish.
* Timing: registration 6-6.30pm, welcome drinks 6-7pm, welcome speech at 7pm, charity choir 7.20pm, buffet dinner with live music 7.30-8.30pm, live auction 8.30-9pm, live band & dancing 9-10pm, free card draw 10pm, live band & more dancing from 10.15pm onwards, farewell at 12.30pm.
* Where: Grand Ballroom, Marriott Budapest Hotel, 1052 Budapest, Apáczai Csere János u. 4.
The virtual bonfire & fireworks display film at this event are in keeping with the British tradition of Bonfire Night, AKA Guy Fawkes Night, which is held annually in the UK to mark the anniversary of a plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London in 1605.
United We Support These Hungarian Children's Charities
UNICEF Hungary: works to save children’s lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfil their potential, from early childhood through adolescence.
Magic Lamp Wish Granting Foundation (Csodalampa): helps 3-18 year old children suffering from a life-threatening illnesses. Gabor Patzauer, Founder & President of Csodalampa, "Our team is greatly honoured that its mission of granting 260-300 wishes per year for very ill children is supported by XpatLoop.com readers, thank you!"
Young People in Need (Rászoruló Fiatalok) Non-Profit Organisation: focuses on solutions to emotional abuse of Hungarian children up to the age of 18, this non-profit also supports other local charities helping children in need - including the ones named above and more.
Event Media Partners
Budapest Business Journal, British Chamber of Commerce in Hungary, Budapest Times
Photo & Video Partners
Thanks to Russell Skidmore, Marcus Schirrmacher, Tom Szelpal, Jason Leung - see below for vid from 2018.
* Important Note: Still and moving images will be taken at this event, and by participating guests consent to these images being taken and published by the organizing partners.
Special Thanks To
British Embassy, Prohuman, Endorphine Flowers, Hermina Csömör, from Goldlaser, ThaiProfiMassage.com, Book4Hostess, Emőke Lőrinc, InfoGuide, and Bitia Berta.
See What Happened @ Xpat Charity Party 2017: Bonfire Night Featuring HMA Lindsay