- 4 Oct 2013 12:00 PM
Strategy and Brand Director - Vodafone Hungary November 2012 - March 2013 (5 months) Hungary. Responsible for the company growth strategy and for building a great brand Member of the Executive Committee
Chief Marketing Officer - Vodafone Malta - May 2010 - November 2012 (2 years 7 months)Malta Responsible for Consumer and Business segment mobile P&L.. In charge of segment strategy, products, tariffs, brand and customer base management. Member of the Executive Committee
Head of Mobile Internet and Product Marketing Vodafone Group October 2006 - May 2010 (3 years 8 months)London, United Kingdom Responsible for the launch and growth of Mobile Internet across Europe. Negotiations of commercial partnerships with Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft Responsible for product marketing of Vodafone 360
Terminal Portfolio Planning & Strategy - Vodafone Group - September 2004 - October 2006 (2 years 2 months)Dusseldorf. Setting up the terminal segmentation and consolidation of the European product portfolio into a global terminals portfolio
Booz Allen Hamilton - 2000 - 2004 (4 years)
Marketing and strategy consulting in the telecommunication sector
Multiple assignments across Europe
Imperial College London
Master in Science, Telecommunication
École Supérieure d'Électricité / Supelec Masters in Science, Electrical Engineering
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
One year ago in September of last year, 2012. Diego (Diego Massidda, CEO of Vodafone Hungary) moved me from market to market, and this is my fourth.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
For the last 15 years I have been working abroad. The UK for 10 years, then Germany for 3, followed by Malta for 2, and now Hungary.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The architecture. I didn't realize that there is so much, preserved so well.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
We like to show guests Rudas bath on Saturday evenings - since it is such unique, and warm, environment. We like to eat out at Mak Bistro, where the waiters seem to really care about you.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Most things with paprika. I grow paprika in the garden here, and have learnt to cook with them too.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
As my fellow French nationals do, I always have a bottle of champagne in the fridge, French of course.
7.What is your favourite Hungarian word?
I can't really repeat it here…
8. What do you miss most from home?
Here is home.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
If I had the talent, I would love to run my own pasta shop.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Well, never in gaming or betting industry.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In the South of France.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
U.S. this Christmas, in Florida.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Music: Rolling Stones. Film: Austin Powers (ok, I saw it a little after my teenage years) Hobby: tennis.
15. Red wine or white?
Red. Also sweet whites from Tokaj are excellent.
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Generally speaking, the common good.
19. Buda or Pest side?
Pest during the week, Buda at the weekends.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Since I was raised in U.S., to ‘Think Positive’ is an approach I follow – it’s not a motto as such but the way I was raised.