- 9 Oct 2015 12:00 PM
These sites are running in English and Hungarian, concentrating on two pretty strong touristic regions in Hungary.
Their lifestyle magazines are focusing on local services in gastronomy, nightlife, culture and architecture in a positive tune to highlight the positive side of Budapest & Lake Balaton.
1. Where did you grow up?
In Budapest in different districts. 14th and 10th than back to the suburbs, in the 17th where my parents still live. Now I live downtown.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
San Francisco, Rome and Edinborough.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Randomness which gives character to the city since it has so many faces. You never know what to expect. There are so many levels: sad -happy, sour – sweet and so on. I would miss this mix for sure!
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Some of the bathes. Rudas bath, the panorama from the top-pool. Kádár, the old school restaurant. Wittmann’s Pub for their ‘rántott húsos szendvics’ (breaded meat sandwich). Mansfeld Péter Park, and Citadella which is a must see. If weather is good, Római Part and Kopaszi gát. Than just go, explore, ‘get lost’ in the 7th or 8th districts.
5. What is your favourite food?
I am all about food. I already think about breakfast when I go to the bed in the evening. I like travelling because of food. I love Hungarian cuisine, the Vietnamese and Italian, too.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
I love running and Bikram yoga if I have time (sadly I don't).
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Would choose Balaton region, since I like the Káli basin.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I don’t know, this is my first job. I’d love Jay Z’s job though.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
Something requires waking up early like working in a vegetable shop or newspaper shop.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Montenegro. We did a Balkan tour with my friends in a mini-van in August.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
I really want to go to Asia. Backpacking in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. Ice-land, Portugal would be nice to, but Cuba is the ultimate goal.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Band: Nirvana – everyone was in love with Curt Cobain and it was interesting to see how someone can be in love with a dead person.
Film: The Rules of Attraction
I was always studying, besides doing volleyball- Fun went on during the summer.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Any kind of desert, at any time of the day.
14. Red wine or white?
15. Book or movie?
Movie, I last saw LOVE by Gaspar Noé.
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
18. Buda or Pest side?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
Maybe the birth of We Love Budapest. I was happy that I made it, but it does not mean I am satisfied. There is so much I would like to do and achieve.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Don't believe in mottos.