Photo Report: Huge Hooters Launch In Budapest

  • 29 Aug 2012 9:00 AM
Photo Report: Huge Hooters Launch In Budapest
Around 250 guests, including notable local celebrities from television, film, and media, attended the "VIP" opening event on August 25th. The event was covered by Hungarian National TV and press. The restaurant opened to the public this Monday, August 27th, with 56 of the ‘world famous’ Hooters Girls in attendance to welcome and serve customers.

Click here to see more snapshots from the Hooters VIP Launch Event in Budapest

As you may know by now, Hooters Budapest is located in the middle of Franz Liszt Square, (Liszt Ferenc Ter 5) the popular outdoor pedestrian area of downtown Budapest, highly frequented by locals and tourists during the summer months.

The interior of Hooters Budapest has a unique ‘cosmopolitan and contemporary design’, has three levels, two bars, 52 state-of-the-art televisions, and capacity for more than 400 customers, including 150 seated outside. According to Hooters the closest local competitor has less than 10 televisions.

Alex Hemingway (pictured), CEO of Chanticleer Holdings' European operations and the boss of Hooters in Hungary, commented, "We have had an incredible series of events to open our Budapest Hooters location. The 'buzz' surrounding the opening, as well as local and national media coverage, has been nothing short of spectacular. We have great reason to be very optimistic about the prospects of Hooters Budapest being a very successful restaurant."

Terry Marks, CEO of Hooters of America, LLC, says, "The expansion of Hooters into Hungary is a testament to the global attraction of the brand. As a commercial, cultural and transportation hub for the country, Budapest provides the perfect destination for Hooters' great food and iconic hospitality. We are thrilled to open in the beautiful capital city, marking the 28th international country for Hooters."

As previously reported by, in April 2012 Chanticleer acquired the exclusive franchise rights to develop and operate Hooters restaurants in Hungary. Alex Hemingway, will oversee day-to-day operations and the development of the Hooters franchise here.

Pictured: Mike Pruitt, CEO of Chanticleer Holdings and Alex Hemingway

Mr. Hemingway has over 13 years of international restaurant management experience, including six years in Hungary as the Chief Executive and President of a franchise group for Pizza Hut and Kentucky Fried Chicken. Under the franchise agreement, Chanticleer will own 80% of Chanticleer's businesses in Hungary, with a management group led by Mr. Hemingway owning the remaining 20%.

Related Articles:

Xpat Interview: Alex Hemingway

Updated: Hooters Budapest Opening Monday

Expat To Expand Hooters In Hungary, Europe

  • How does this content make you feel?