- 14 Jan 2016 11:00 AM
My intention is to continue to work in this sector in the future. I am the founder and chairman of the innovative Association of Tourism Managers in Hungary, which is aimed to improve the Hungarian tourism.
I teach hotel management as well in several institutions of colleges in Budapest. I am member of the board of the Hungarian Hotel Association.
1. Where did you grow up?
I was born and grow up in Baja, south of Hungary, the capital of the traditional fish soup
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
When I was working in Germany I missed friends and family and of course the Hungarian cuisine the most.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Széchényi Spa, Castle District, downtown’s pubs „romkocsma” feeling…
5. What is your favourite food?
Fishsoup - Baja Style
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Baja – Danube river
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I am admiring the doctors…
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
Sitting 8-10 hours a day in an office
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Ski holiday in Austria
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Bon Jovi, fishing, film - I do not remember…
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. Red wine or white?
15. Book or movie?
Movie because of lack of time
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Kid’s disease and poverty
18. Buda or Pest side?
Never mind, both has unique places
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
From work aspects my latest is the Franchise hotel of the year Award, achieved with the Four Points by Sheraton Kecskemét team in the EMEA region of Starwood Hotel & Resorts.
From Family aspect of course my 2 sons, Peter and Daniel.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Be inspiring and be strict but rightful and consistent!