- 31 Jul 2009 12:00 PM
In the extraordinarily rich and colourful gastronomical offer of Gerbeaud House the following sections play the most important roles: the Beer-house with its own butchery products and home style meals, the Banquet unit servicing wedding dinners with 20 persons up to gala dinners with a few hundred persons and the realized dream, Onyx Restaurant, the gourmet restaurant with 40 persons where we fight for the greatest professional tribute, the Michelin star.
I divide my professional confession into 2 parts: one is that we stress the replacement, the training of the new generation. The main columns of our kitchen have been selected from our trained students. I consider the constant professional control very important where we have reached outstanding results. In 1999 I reached the 1st place at the national competition of Chaine de Rôtisseurs, so I could represent Hungary at the world championship in Paris. The next years, three other young cooks attended this championship and they became winners as well.
I regard punctuality, accuracy and seasonality as great virtue, that we can always start with excellent bases, that always only well selected, fresh raw material should get into the pan, keeping originality, and it is essential to keep on renewing, renewing, renewing?
1. Where did you grow up?
2. What Hungarian traditions bring back fond memories of your childhood?
Chicken dishes made of my Grandmother's chicken fed with corn.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Chain Bridge, than the Onyx restaurant
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Organic chicken paprikás, egg-noodles, cucumber salad
6. What is never missing from your kitchen?
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Never thought about it.
9. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Anything else which is different from the current one
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Italy, Switzerland, France
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Depeche Mode, Éretlenek, dancing
13. What can't you resist?
A good restaurant
14. Red wine or white?
15. Kolbász or szalámi?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Health related issues.
19. Buda side or Pest side?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?