- 10 May 2018 7:18 AM
I teach and organise classes in Drama, Music Theatre and English for children as young as 3 years old to 18 years and adult courses as well.
Also I teach and organise drama classes in many schools and kindergartens around Budapest - for more info about DramaWorks click here.
Alongside teaching I continue to work as an actress and voice-over artist, on stage and in films, most recently Claire in the play ’Proof’ by David Auburn.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I actually came in 2000 to teach dance and fell in love with the city and my now husband. I later moved back in 2006 and I am still often amazed to realize we are now a married couple with three children.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
‘Kezét csókolom’ - The way people greet, which I have now come love. Shaking hands and full names, I always have to check first and last names.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Enjoy the living city – go for a long walk in the city centre, see an English language play if there is one, and go out in the evening afterwards and experience the vibrant urban underground feel of the city – this is what I call the full experience. They should definitely take a few Budapest-based friends with.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Halászlé. Despite missing English fish n chips, Hungary has impressed me with its river fish dishes.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Friends, family and British humour.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
The best thing about being an actress is playing different roles, I loved getting to be a high-flier city businesswoman in ‘Proof’. But I am a rural girl at heart so I’d love to work on a ranch.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Legénd, Nógrád – highly recommend.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Hope...Hawaii but will be road tripping through Europe.
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Marillion, Lost Boys, horse riding.
14. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
You can always make me happy with a good bar of caramel-filled milk chocolate.
15. Red wine or white?
Hungarian red wines are lovely!
16. Book or movie?
Love the solitude of a good book and my head; movies with loved ones.
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Waste, especially plastics.
19. Buda side or Pest side?
Pest for the buzz.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Never to wait, and never to hold my breath.