- 28 Jan 2019 9:04 AM
Previously she worked at the U.S. Embassy and lived in the States for 15 years.
She has been married to Leroy for 28 years and has two children, Katalin (24) and Alex (21).
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in the beautiful Danube Bend in northern Hungary and had a wonderful childhood there. I lived in Budapest from age 14, then moved to the United States after high school. We moved back to Hungary in 2003.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
It’s a tough one. U.S. for family reasons, but South Africa would definitely be on top of my list (Cape Town or anywhere near Kruger National Park).
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Family, friends, the beauty of Hungary and of course the „cukrászdas” …just a name a few.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
After seeing the must-see sights of Budapest, a lunch at Gundel followed by a visit to a thermal spa. They can’t leave without seeing Budapest by night. Gorgeous! They would also have to be introduced to our expat community at one of our expat events or at an international church on Sunday morning.
5. What is your favourite food?
My mom’s chicken soup with angel hair pasta.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
Well, - when I don’t have an injured knee – I love tennis and cycling on the bike trails along the Danube Bend. Breathtakingly beautiful!
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Besides our home, Lake Balaton in the summer heat.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I would love to manage a small hotel on an island, like La Digue in the Seychelles.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Chicago and Kenosha (Wisconsin, U.S.)
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Texas – to visit our daughter.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Collecting stamps was a hobby and loved the music of Dire Straits and the 1980 French Comedy “Les Sous-doués” (Éretlenek) about a French private school class trying not to flunk their final exam. Very funny!
13. Apart of temptation what can’t you resist?
I can resist temptation, but can’t resist Swiss chocolate and freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning
14. Red wine or white?
Red with “good legs”
15. Book or movie?
Depends on the day. I like both.
16. Morning person or night person?
Night unfortunately, but trying hard to change it.
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
18. Buda or Pest side?
Buda for sure!
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
My two wonderful children and saving the life of a little baby through my volunteer work.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
The world could be a much better place if people would just follow this simple advice.